Peek behind the scenes. See how this page was tailored for you.
Engaging a Technology Partner
You've identified the need for a technology partner, what are some of the things you need to decide and what should you be asking them?
Information to Provide
Here are some things that your prospective partner might want to know at the start. Don't be daunted - you don't necessarily need to provide them all this information and a good provider will be able to help guide you as to what is relevant and fill in any gaps. Likewise if you're not familiar with the terms we've used just ask for an explanation - it's a interesting way to get a sense of what working with the provider would be like.
- What's the goal of your site? How will you measure its success?
- Who are your target market?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- Do you already own a domain name?
- Do you have an existing design? Logo? Colour scheme?
- What functions do you require for your site? Which of them are essential and which are more "nice to have"? Which of them can you not launch without and which might come later?
- If you have an existing site, what kind of traffic does it get? Why are you changing it?
- What's your budget? Is it confirmed or speculative?
- What's your timescale? How flexible is it?
- Do you have an idea of how many users your site might have?
- Do you have a formal specification or other documents which describe what you're trying to do?
- Do you have existing content or other data to import?
Services you seek
A full service technology provider probably offers a number of services. Which of the following things are you looking for help with?
- Market Research
- Logo Design
- Page Design
- Site Implementation
- Systems Integration
- User Experience Design
- Usability Testing
- Accessibility Auditing
- Community Engagement
- Information Architecture Design
- Traffic Analysis
- Behavioural Analysis
- Ongoing Maintenance
- Site Management
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Marketing Strategy and/or Implementation
- Advertising Strategy and/or Implementation
- Content Strategy and/or Creation
- Social Media Policy, Strategy and/or Implementation
- Community Policy
- Community Management and Moderation
- Data Migration
- Charity Strategy
If you'd like to discuss your project with us, please contact us.